to receive their first EITC EIO tax credit eligible donation:
1. Charity and programs need to be located in Pennsylvania.
2. Charity needs to summarize the specific education improvement (EIO) program they provide to K-12 children.
3. Charity needs to accumulate the curriculum clearly describing their education improvement (EIO) program.
4. Charity needs to obtain a letter from their local school district official endorsing their education (EIO) program.
5. Charity may need to align with an existing EIO organization and submit their education program for approval under that organizations umbrella as existing organizations have a shorter renewal time delay in getting approved.
6. Charity can submit an initial listing application to Pennsylvania to get their organization listed.
7. Charity needs to solicit current EITC donors like banks or create new EITC donors from their supporters.
8. Charity gets approved by state for their education improvement program for one year.
9. Charity gets a check either directly or thru a partner EIO organization.
10. Charity or partner EIO organization send an appropriate thank you letter to donor so their tax credit can be issued.
11. Charity needs to repeat the certification process annual to be an EIO organization DCED list. Certification takes Pennsylvania DCED a long time so start early. An application can take anywhere from 3 to 8 months to approve.
Our charity Central Pennsylvania Scholarship Fund helps EIO organizations either by being a partner EIO or by acting as a pipeline for their EITC donors as EITC EIO tax credits are the most difficult tax credits to obtain because they are the most popular.
If you have any other questions please contact us for assistance.